Pasadena Convention Center
300 E Green St
Pasadena, CA 91101
August 23-26, 2018
The four-day International Mars Society Convention brings together leading scientists, engineers, aerospace industry representatives, government policymakers and journalists to talk about the latest scientific discoveries, technological advances and political-economic developments that could help pave the way for a human mission to the planet Mars.
Call for Papers
Presentations for the convention are invited dealing with all matters (science, engineering, politics, economics, public policy, etc.) associated with the exploration and settlement of Mars. Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be sent by June 30, 2018 to: The Mars Society, 11111 W. 8th Ave. unit A, Lakewood, CO 80215 or via email to: email@example.com . (e-mail submission preferred.)
- The Question of Life on Mars
- Latest Findings from the Mars Probes
- Plans for the Missions of 2018 and Beyond
- Concepts for Future Robotic Mars Missions
- Plans for Human Mars Missions
- Advanced Propulsion
- Launch Vehicles for Mars Exploration
- Long Range Mobility on Mars
- Life Support and Biomedical Factors
- Human Factors and Crew Composition
- In-situ Resource Utilization
- Habitat construction & industrial infrastructure
- Martian agriculture.
- The First Martians, a permanent base on Mars
- Terraforming – Creating an Ecology for Mars
- How Martian technology can help life on Earth
- Technologies for reaching for the stars
- Analog Studies Relating to Mars Exploration
- The Flashline Mars Arctic Research Station
- The Mars Desert Research Station
- The One Way Mission to Mars
- Rovers, robots, aircraft, and mobile agents.
- Entrepreneurial Approaches to Mars Missions
- The benefits of Space Exploration.
- The Moon: Way Station to Mars?
- Planetary Protection: Necessity or Fraud?
- International cooperation and agencies
- Law, Governance, and social systems for Mars
- Why Mars?
- Mission Ethics: Is safety an option?
- Educating the next generation of Marsnauts
- The DSG: Breakthrough or Boondoggle?
- Political Action for Mars Exploration
- Chapter tools and outreach strategies
- Proposed Projects for the Mars Society
- University Rover Challenge
- Religion, Philosophy, and Space Exploration
- The Two-Person Mars Flyby Mission.
- Phobos and Deimos: Mars Moon Landings
- Achieving cheap access to space.
The Pasadena Convention Conter is located in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, and may be reached via Los Angeles international airport (LAX) or Burbank Airport (BUR).